I hope these instructions are enough. If you run into trouble, please submit a
Versions other than those specified may or may not work.
Example directory structure
Configuring the IDA Pro SDK
You only need to do this when you install the SDK.
- For IDA version 4.5 and later: Generate \idasdk\w32bor.cfg as
described in \idask\install_make.txt.
- Add the lines below to \idasdk\w32bor.cfg. (Only the line beginning with -I is really needed.)
; Include boost
; Disable warning "Functions taking class-by-value argument(s) are not expanded inline"
; Disable warning "Functions containing try are not expanded inline"
- Modify all the include and library paths in \idasdk\w32bor.cfg to suit your
- Only for IDA versions prior to 4.5: Third, modify
\idasdk\plugins\plugin.mak by changing the line beginning with OBJS= to the
following lines. (This will allow more more source files in the plugin.)
OBJS=$(F)$(PROC)$(O) $(OBJ1) $(OBJ2) $(OBJ3) $(OBJ4) $(OBJ5) $(OBJ6) $(OBJ7) \
$(OBJ8) $(OBJ9) $(OBJ10) $(OBJ11) $(OBJ12)
- Create the directory \idasdk\bin\w32\plugins if it does not exist.
- Put the Desquirr sources in a directory below the \idasdk\plugins\
directory, typically in \idasdk\plugins\desquirr\.
- Open a Command Prompt window and change directory to
\idasdk\plugins\desquirr\ (or the corresponding directory on your system)
- Run make (included with the Borland compiler) to build Desquirr. The plugin
binary will appear in the directory \idasdk\bin\w32\plugins\.